Monday, May 23, 2011

Lemon Drop - Last of the accidental citrus theme!

Here's the lemon drop necklace.  I have had the yellow and white nugget beads for quite sometime but could never seem to find anything to go with them.  So.......I decided to try painting some wood beads since I have tons of them!  I think they turned out pretty good and match perfectly.

Lemon Drop Necklace
Lemon Drop Necklace

I tried painting some other wood beads different colors to see how they would turn out.  The yellow ones used for the Lemon Drop Necklace, I used a non glossy finish so they would have a matte appearance.  These other beads, I gave a glossy finish.  A couple of them, I even added some fingernail decals, lol.  Actually, they look kind of like easter eggs!!!!!

Painted wood beads

Painted wood beads

I think I need to try some less flashy colors.

The Lemon Drop Necklace is available at my store:

http://nutkittensjewelry.weebly.com
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment